Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

Man, has it been a month....again? Not much has happened in the last month, except for Thanksgiving. We had my family over and Dave, Shar and their kids stayed the weekend with us. We had a great time. The food was good (except for my quite soggy dressing. I do not recommend making it in a crockpot).



As you can see, my family is a very interactive bunch. Above is proof that the boys just love to get together and discuss world events, have deep spiritual discussions or just get caught up on eachother's lives. We did pull the gaming devices from their hands long enough to play a few games with us. We stayed up pretty late, full well knowing that we would have to get up at a quarter to 4:00 a.m. to go shopping.




As soon as Ty and my dad sat down to watch a movie they were out. In my family it is a definite rule to get a picture of whoever has fallen asleep in full view of the family. We were pretty tame this time. We usually like to decorate our victims before snapping a photo.



Here are the younger cousins in their traditional stair pose. Every year we get them on our stairs. It's fun to see them grow and fill up the stairs. My kids are the goofy ones. Tyler is in that wierd "I have no clue how to smile" stage and Ainsley decided having an orange in her mouth would be hilarious.









We went down with Dave and Shar to the lights at Temple Square. They were really beautiful and the kids loved seeing them with their cousins. This is the last picture we took down there and the kids, I think, were done with having our picture taken. We rode frontrunner and trax and, although it took a lot longer than we thought, it was a fun experience for everyone.

8 comments:

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Thanks guys we had a blast.Thank you for letting us stay at your house we had a blast like always. The pictures were awesome.See I told you stuffing is just soggy bread. Ha Ha!

Rita said...

Darling pictures. Ainsley is so beautiful and you know I'm a softy for Ty--awake with a crazy smile or asleep. I had no idea you were a nutsy early-morning shopper. I went alone this year and only to get stuff for my sister!!! Why is it so much easier to get up to shop than to run?!

Gertge Family said...

just Love the sleeping on the couch picture! It's a classic & a definate Keeper.
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

scarycall said...

When will Dad ever learn!!! What ever you do...don't fall asleep! Anyhoo, I wish I was there for Thanksgiving. It sound like you had a lot of fun.

Cambri Taylor and Macie Michele said...

I miss the lights at Temple Square! Cute pics!

Rita said...

You're killin' me! I'm checking you blog often and expecting to see two cute, smiley kids holding up their new Christmas toys or at least 2 tired parents with Holiday Hangovers like I am suffering!

I sent you an email today about some free striders runs...I sent it to girasolsue@yahoo.com. Is that right? I hope so. Email me if not:
metermaidrita@hotmail.com

Melissa Turner said...

Hey, Looks like you had a great thanksgiving, now how was your Christmas!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Post! Post! Post!