Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Susan


For my birthday I wanted to go to this cute pioneer park in SLC. It was a little cold and windy, but not crowded at all.
We had fun riding the "train" around in the village and learning about our pioneer heritage. The kids had the most fun at the petting zoo area and riding on the ponies. They have done a lot of cute things there and have added some new areas for children to play in.
We ate lunch up at the old Huntsman Hotel and witnessed a bank robbery (which by the way was so badly done that Blake and I thought it was just a dress rehearsal. Like the first dress rehearsal.) Anyhoo, all in all it was a really fun day.
Blake even treated me to Mexican food. After we got home, a few family members came over for pie and ice cream. Pretty low key, epecially compared to last year's big surprise bash. I had a really fun day and am now officially in my thirties. Yeah!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I remembered the day after and thought it would be more insulting to call then. Sorry!
So funny about the bank robbery.

Mary Jane said...

Hello Blake and Susan...Hope you had a great birthday. The Pioneer Park is a fun place to go. Did you know that you could volunteer there and dress up with your kids in pioneer clothes? I think that would be pretty fun. Well, we're blogging now, so see you in blog land. I'm going to try to get Kelly and Ryan blogging.