Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ogden Half Marathon


Tyler, Laurie, Susan, Ainsley and Rita after the race.



This is the third time I have run this course, and I still loved it. My cousin, Laurie, ran the half as well. She came up with her family from South Jordan and spent the night. We had a fun night and got to bed a lot later than we wanted. We also didn't sleep as soundly a we had hoped to. 4:00 a.m. came pretty early and we were off to catch the bus in Ogden to the starting line in Eden. My running partner and friend, Rita, drove and we got to the buses with no problem. We waited at the starting line for about an hour and finally the gun sounded. It was a really pretty day from the start. The weather was perfect and the aid stations along the way were plentiful (although they didn't have any vaseline...yikes!) I ran with Rita and her husband, Brent. We did really well, considering the training (or lack of). I finished a little over 2:08. Not my PR, but I'll try to break that next time. I just wanted to thank my sweet husband for bringing the kids to see me finish. Also, my ma and pa came to support me. Thanks for making it a great day.
After the race, the kids rode a rigshaw to the parking lot. They had a really fun time and the guy on the bike was so cute to them.

Blake and Jefferson took the kids home on the frontrunner while Laurie and I took the car home, since we couldn't all fit. They had a really good day and we were sad they had to go home.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

while I think you are totally crazy, I'm still impressed!