Monday, September 29, 2008

just yadda-ing

I just felt like getting on and rambling a bit today. Can I just say how excited I am for conference this weekend? This is the first time in my entire life that I have thought or said that. I have always looked forward to conference, but more as a "weekend off". I have looked forward to being able to watch it in my jammies in the comfort of my home. I have enjoyed conference, but more often than not, it has been for aforementioned selfish reasons. This time is different. This time I am looking forward to the messages I will get to hear. I am excited to be counseled by people that have our best interests in mind. I have been trying harder lately to understand the gospel. Right now, I still feel like I have the spiritual comprehension of a sunbeam, but hopefully I will continue to grow. I have felt the spirit so strongly on recent occasions, and it makes me realize that I have known that the gospel is true for a long time. I just have never taken the steps to find out before. Yesterday was Ainsley's primary program. She memorized her line and was so proud of herself. They sang a few of my very favorite songs and it was hard to keep the tears from flowing. Their message was so simple and sweet and it really touched my heart. The thought of Tyler being up there next year is so exciting.
On another note, I have been feeling the stresses of life in the forms of many headaches and stiff shoulders. The sad thing is I know my life isn't that stressful compared to many, many people I know. I haven't been running (need new shoes), which I know has been a huge factor it the way I have been feeling. I guess that I have been a lazy bum for so long, that I have a hard time adjusting to the normal rigors of everyday life. Blake thinks I should go see a doctor about my headaches, but I don't know what he can really do about it except perscribe pain killers. It bothers me that I am this way and I hate it that the kids see me laying down and immediately ask me if I am sick. I just don't want to be that kind of mom, always sick. Maybe this is a good excuse to get a weekly massage. Now that is something to think about.
Well, this week is full of activity. I have our Fall Social for enrichment this Thursday. I will be glad to have that one under my belt....only to move on to Christmas Social. I hope everyone's week is great!

3 comments:

STRATTON FAMILY said...

hey sorry about the headaches i hope all is well maybe you just need a good run that is what my friends does if she has a headache and it goes away. well can't wait to see you guys soon. bryson is way excited. Enjoy confrence.

Mary Jane said...

Susan, you should really get the headaches checked. I loved your thoughts on conference, The world is getting scarier and it is nice to know that the Lord will guide us through the prophets. Carter had his primary program on Sunday, too. It was so sweet to remember that we are children of God.

Rita said...

The Primary Program gets me every time. I think it's good for us to think about how truly simple the gospel is. Life bogs us down with too much striving and wondering. I am looking forward to General Conference too. I loved the Womens' broadcast and hope I feel the spirit of the conference messages as strongly as I did for it...Also, I'm happy that I don't have to go 3 hours without Diet Dr. Pepper...oh, sorry.

Why don't you call a friend to go running with you. OH, you USED to have a running friend but then she got super lazy and FAT. That's a shame.