Friday, September 19, 2008

I know, I know......

I knew I would do this. I have gotten so behind, and everytime I think "I need to catch up", I just feel overwhelmed because I am so behind on this thing. It is a vicious circle in my head. So, I thought I would just summarize this last month and a half and maybe throw in a few pictures to give it a little pizzaz.


In the first week of August the kids and I went up to Idaho, with my sister Rachel, to visit Dave and Shar and their kids. We had a really great time there. They took us 4-wheeling where a small incident occured with Tyler (he slipped off a 9 foot drop while throwing rocks over it). Luckily my brother Dave was already down there and was able to grab him up off of the ground. He had a nasty bump on his noggin and a few scratches and scrapes but was most upset about getting his pants all wet (he landed in a little creek at the bottom). I know he was protected out there because all I could imagine as I saw him slip (in slow motion) was how I was going to get a bloody, unconcious little boy medical attention way out here? He calmed down after a little while and we ended up having a great time despite the mishap.


Rachel returned to Japan in mid-August and we were all sad to see her go. We're not sure how soon we will be able to see her again and we were so grateful to have her for so long this summer.

Ainsley had her first swim lessons this summer. She was a little scared of having to swim on her own, but she ended up having a great time. She did really well, but I think she had the most fun when she was able to socialize while waiting for her turn with the teacher.





The rest of August was a blur, between Relief Society enrichment activities, presidency meetings, Blake's bishopric meetings, getting ready for kids to go back to school, and just your everyday duties, I don't know where the month went. Ainsley started her first day of Kindergarten at the end of August. I can't believe she goes to school everyday now. She has been ready for so long and she loves her classmates and her teacher.


Tyler started pre-school right after Labor Day. He has been trying to go to preshool for a year now and he was so happy he got to stay instead of just dropping Ainsley off. He has a great teacher he loves and he says he sits by his "funny friend" but he can't remember his name or what he does that is so funny. He just says he makes him laugh.





Blake just celebrated his *gasp* 34th birthday. He got a new PS2 game that Tyler loves to play with him. They have become pretty tight since Ty has discovered star wars, super heros and video games. He practically paces the floor until Blake gets home. It is really cute and Blake loves the attention.


So that pretty much brings you up to speed on our whereabouts. Thanks for putting up with this long blog. See you soon!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for the update, it wasn't long at all.

Rita said...

The long-awaited update!! Happy to hear from you the other day even if it was a reminder of what a lame-o friend AND runner I have been lately. SOMEHOW we'll get back at it.

Ty's little (okay, big) spill sounded scary. I'm glad it turned out okay. He's loving preschool, huh? That is great and I bet he's the class pet!

Ainsley is a darling and I'm not surprised that she is having fun in school. What a grown up girly!

See you soon.